Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mona's Sideboard in Paris Grey and Old White

If you recall, my neighbor Mona has been filling my garage with projects to paint. (thank goodness my hubby isn't home to see all my mess) The latest makeover was a dresser she wanted to repurpose as a sideboard. And what a smart idea! This piece is big - really big. It's long and the perfect height for her dining room. It provides extra storage, and looks pretty darn great with her dining set and decor. 

I wish I had thought to take a BEFORE shot - but in my haste and excitement to start painting, I forgot. Sorry folks - I know I forget a lot. But, I can tell you it was a mid-tone brown stained oak. Mona asked for it to be painted in Annie Sloan's Paris Grey, with Old White details. And she said she wanted it really shabby. Like lots-of-distressing-and-dark-wax-shabby.  So, here she is...all prettied up and making me start the Craig's List hunt for one for myself!


I love the old black and white family photos sitting proudly on this vintage piece of furniture!



The grey looks so pretty against the yellow wall!



Thank goodness for Frog Tape - I taped off all the edges and got such a great crisp line - no bleeding!



Ahh dark wax for an old, aged patina!


Enjoy your new sideboard Mona!

No comments:

Post a Comment