Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The painting for the french chair frame is complete

Last night I finished painting and waxing the frame of the french chair thrift store find. I chose to use a base coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Coco. Then I layered on Old Ochre. My next step was to wax with clear wax. After distressing, maybe a bit heavier than I intended (I just love the Coco so much I wanted to see more and more of it peek through), I used a small-tipped brush to add dark wax to the crevices and other select areas for some aging. The last step was to apply a final seal of clear wax.

So here's how she's looking so far...


And now that the paint is complete, I am once again stumped on what fabric to cover the cushions with.


I scored an entire bolt of this lovely fabric at a consignment shop for just $10. I do love it, and want to use it on something. But, when I placed it over the seat cushion, the paint just gets lost. The colors are too similar. Nothing pops. And I wasn't wowed. I gotta be wowed. So, back to the drawing board for fabric. Maybe one of the swatches above?


Isn't this cute - chair foot and dog foot!!!


Ahh!

Hello lovely leg!


Charlotte likes the chair already I think! She was in there laying next to it when I snapped the photos. So not to make her feel left out, I included her in the photo shoot. I can read her mind, she was thinking, "Cheese - where's the cheese?"

I might drop by another fabric store today and see if the perfect covering jumps out at me. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment