Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Even the hairless cats like it!

Today I delivered a newly painted dining set to a client. It was an old pedestal 4-seat table that she inherited from her grandmother. The pieces had been stored in a basement for quite some time, but they were about to get a new lease on life.

Here's what the set used to look like...





Here's what it looks like now...





I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in French Linen for the chairs and table base. The table top and some accents were done with Old White. I used several layers of clear wax for the table top, and buffed it nice and smooth. The chairs each were clear waxed and I used a little dark wax here and there for some aging. And as you can see in the pics, I distressed the corners, edges and spindly areas.

The client loved them, and while I was there dropping off, her grandmother arrived. That's right - the original owner of the set. She approved too. But, the best part had to be when the client's three hairless Sphynx cats started investigating. They hopped up on the chairs and rubbed their bald little heads all over them! It was great!




Now if I could just learn how to knit them a coat!

No comments:

Post a Comment