Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Distressed Mirror Makeovers

I finished a couple of mirror projects - one for a neighbor who wanted a full-length mirror for her daughter's bedroom, and another vintage mirror I plan to sell. (Although looking at it in my entryway tempts me to keep it!)

Here's the vintage mirror sitting on a long entry table. The mirror can be hung or placed on a surface as you see here.  It's painted with two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in a lovely yellow color called Arles. It's got a bit of dry-painting in Old White, is lightly distressed and has been clear-waxed for protection. I am selling this mirror for $75.00.









The mirror measures just shy of 33" wide by 21" tall. I would guess it had been made with an old wooden window frame, as it is very heavy. You would definitely need to reinforce the wall hardware if you plan to hang it.

And here's a photo of the full-length mirror. My neighbor wanted it to match her daughter's antique white bedroom decor. So this was painted with 2 coats of Old White, with light distressing and sealed with clear wax.



Mirrors are hard to photograph. At least for this inexperienced photographer. I didn't want to get in the picture, since I was wearing my pajamas! I hope my neighbor and her daughter are happy with how this turned out!

2 comments:

  1. I love it.. can't wait to hang it up.. thank you so much.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to stop over anytime Jackie!

    ReplyDelete